I'm a 34 year old. I make websites. I own an online business. As you would expect, I'm on Social Media ALL THE TIME.
I don't think it's good for me. I don't think it helps me as a pastor, as a dad, or as a husband. It's not even that much fun.
So I've decided to do something radical - I'm not going to check Youtube, Facebook or Twitter for the next 25 days. I've already deleted the apps in question from my phone and I've installed software to temporily block them from my computer.
Here are my predictions:
- It's going to be tough, especially for the first several days.
- I'm going to get a lot more done.
- I'm going to be a better husband, father, and pastor.
- I'll spend more time reading meaningful stuff and working on deep projects.
- Old fashioned notions like leisure and quiet time will return.
- After the first few days, I don't think I'll miss it.
I'll still be blogging and posting some stuff on these chanels, but not directly and I won't be checking comments or counting likes. I'm also keeping messenger open, so you will be able to messenge me there.